He has won the lottery on several occasions, but nothing remotely close to his latest “gold strike”.
Trevor King, a carpenter from Christ Church, today collected his Super Lotto cheque for $3.8 million.
“When he showed me the ticket, I said ‘Are you sure?’ And I verified it and said ‘Oh, you did’,” his daughter Celita Lewis told Barbados TODAY.
“He was very cool and calm — no fuss,” Celita said in reference to her father finding out he had won the Super Lotto.
She said that apart from “checking for his family first”, her new millionaire dad had no other immediate plans for the money.
King bought his Quick Pick ticket at KG’s Minimart in Christ Church for the Super Lotto draw number 402 on August 2 and plans to share his big bucks with his three children and one grandchild. (EJ)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App