Police are this evening investigating an incident on a flotation device at sea that led to the injury of two girls.
Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector David Welch said around 12:30 p.m., three 14-year-old girls were riding on the flotation device towed by a speed boat driven by Shane Watson of Haynesville, St. James, when they fell off.
Initial reports are that two of the girls bumped their heads together during the fall, causing one of them to lose consciousness.
Watson reportedly performed CPR on the unconscious girl who subsequently regained consciousness before the two girls were taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital where they were both detained with the one who was more seriously injured now under observation.
The third girl was reportedly not injured during the incident. Police said their investigations were still continuing.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App