Eleven of 42 members of the Cameroonian Fongs Production Crew are in Barbados.
They arrived in the island on Sunday and are getting settled before they start scouting for local talent for cast and crew including director for the production of their film Tanku which will also feature Cameroonians.
A release noted they are excited to experience Barbados.
The West African group, from the northern village of Bamenda, will be creating the independent film through financing of Award Winning film producer, Fongu Nicholas Niba, of Fongs Production. The group will be hosted by Persuaders Cultural Club, and the events facilitated by president Denis Ward and his team.
An open casting call can be expected soon and the public can look out for the dates for this and other events in the media or visit Cameroon Barbados Connection on their Facebook page, CameroonBarbadosConnection.
The other members of the crew are expected to arrive next week.
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App