The Barbados Darts Association will be sending a team to the World Darts Federation’s World Cup XIX, being held in St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada, from October 1 to 5. The team is presently in training under the watchful eye of coach Gregory Catlyn. The players have their work cut out for them as they will come up against the world’s best players from countries including England, Canada, Germany and the USA. In the World Cup of 2011 in Castlebar, Ireland, Barbados gained a World Ranking of 24th from among 65 countries.
The team is as follows: Gregory Catlyn (coach), Anthony Forde – Ravens Darts Academy, Clyde Murrell and Elouise Martin – A & T Enforcers (formerly Seven Seas/Kiwi Police), Roger Edwards – VitaMalt Graduates, Mark Griffith – Norlink Eden Flighter, Shelly Taylor – Port Inc Stars
.On August 31 the association will be at various locations including Super Centre Oistins and JB’s Sargeant Village on a fund-raising dollar drive. The national team will also be at the VIP Lounge Sky Mall from 4 p.m. to meet members of the public who want to make donations and have a chance at throwing at the bulls eye.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App