The Barbados Amateur Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation’s Allmax Nutrition National Bodybuilding and Fitness Championships on Saturday at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre was a riveting affair.
There were some excellent battles, none no more so than that between eventual Mr. Barbados 2013 Stevenson Belle and Hoskyn Worrell, and Miss Barbados 2013 Rhonda Browne and the chiselled Deidre Archer.
There was some contention among sections of the audience who favoured Worrell for Mr. Barbados and Archer for Miss Barbados but as usual, as it should be, the judges’ decisions had their merit and held sway.
Fans also had the excitement of the men’s physique competition and women’s fitness, which truth be told, was perhaps the most thrilling aspect of the show enjoyed by a standing-room only audience.
In the end Maurice Arthur emerged winner in the tall class of the men’s physique segment while Marlon Dottin was best among contestants under 175 centimetres.
Asha Chase took the title among the women as the fittest of the fit.
Barbados TODAY brings a pictorial review of some of the exciting evening’s action.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App