It all started with a phone call from Justin Timberlake.
J.C. Chasez revealed on Monday that ‘NSYNC’s big reunion at the VMAs was all Timberlake’s idea.
“It was just a matter of time. Everybody would ask us, ‘When are you guys going to do something?’ ” Chasez said Monday on On Air with Ryan Seacrest. “First of all, it was the worst-kept secret ever, [but] Justin gave me a buzz and he said, ‘Hey man, listen. I’m getting this award and they have given me a pile of time to perform and we started our careers at MTV and I think we should get the band back together.”
Timberlake was receiving the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, and Chasez says he wanted to acknowledge his time with the boy band, “so we all decided to do it.”
Even though it’s been 11 years since ‘NSYNC broke up, Chasez admits that when they all got together to rehearse for the performance, “two minutes after seeing everybody you feel like no time has passed.”
But the same couldn’t be said for remembering their iconic dance moves.
“Everyone was going, ‘Can we go through this one more time slowly?’ ? So that part was pretty funny.”
After the wild response the group got from the audience and on Twitter, are they now talking about an ‘NSYNC reunion tour?
“No,” says Chasez. “It was just about five guys who were great friends who spent 10 or 15 years together touring and we ? wanted to give that back to our fans, but we were there mainly to support Justin.” (People)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App