The students at the Government-run Camp Arthur Smith had a grand time over the last few weeks of summer.
The 195 plus campers , who where supervised by a team of 17 dedicated Camp Assistants led by Director Troy Arthur, were taught how to work with what they have.
At the end of the camp they produced a huge number of craft items which far out-weighed the supplies they had. The youngsters learned the art of recycling old items to create new and exciting materials.
Campers also had a Fun Day, a tour of the Garrison Historic Area and a day at King George V Memorial Park.
Arthur sang the praises of the young Camp Assistants who were creative and outside of the box thinkers.
Hats off to Team Arthur Smith for a job well done!
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App