On 50th Anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech US President Barack Obama addressed thousands from the same spot that King did half a century ago.
“Because they marched, city councils changed and state legislatures changed and Congress changed, and yes, eventually the White House changed,” said Mr Obama.
“Because they marched, America became more free and fair,” he added.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App