Rommel St. Hill has been selected by the Global Diplomatic Forum to represent Barbados at its Young Diplomats Forum in Ankara, Turkey from September 2 to 6, 2013.
The YDF will play host to an exceptional elite of young diplomats from across the world in this week-long event that develops their skills and knowledge in areas around international affairs.
The community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain future insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders.
Its overall aim is to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats.
St. Hill, 29, is an attorney-at-law with a MSc. in International Trade Policy and is scheduled to make a presentation on the “Caribbean Perspective on the Role of Regional Organisations in Diplomacy”.
He is also a former president of the Young Democrats and currently sits as a member of their executive and the recipient of the 2012 David Thompson Award for contribution to the legal profession.
He has also been selected to present his paper on “Implementation of an Integrated Competition Policy in CARICOM” at the Sir Arthur Lewis Institute of Social and Economic Studies Conference on Rethinking Regionalism: Beyond the CARICOM Integration Project from October 7 to 9, 2013.
St. Hill thanked the Shridath Ramphal Centre for facilitating his development.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App