PORT OF SPAIN — Attorney Wesley Debideen was shot seven times in the upper body and five times on his hand, an autopsy revealed yesterday.
Relatives are however baffled as to why anyone would want to murder him.
Debideen had represented Hindu Credit Union president Harry Harnarine at the commission of enquiry into Clico and the HCU. Asked if the family believed this was the reason he was killed, Debideen’s sister-in-law Angela Gouveia said no.
She added there was no dispute over money or property she was aware of that may have been a motive for his murder.
Debideen was shot five times in the hand as the gunman shot through the windshield and sustained defensive wounds as he attempted to protect himself, the autopsy revealed. His killer then shot him seven times in the upper body from the driver’s window.
Gouveia said Debideen did a lot of free cases and was a gentleman who was a chemist before studying law at the age of 60. She said Debideen would be buried tomorrow.
Debideen, 68, of Mt View, Maracas, St Joseph, was shot about the body around 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday by an assailant who, one witness said, fired several times, walked a few feet away, then turned and went back, emptying several more shots into him. The gunman escaped in a waiting red Mazda 323. (Express)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App