Miss Barbados World, Regina Ramjit, was assured by Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, that she will have his full support and that of the Government of Barbados when she competes in the Miss World pageant in Indonesia on September 27.
The 19 year-old beauty queen paid a courtesy call on the Prime Minister recently at Government Headquarters, Bay Street, St. Michael.
Ramjit pointed out that the pageant would bring much needed attention to Barbados since millions of viewers were expected to tune in to the show. Stuart told her that he was proud of her and that her involvement in the Miss World competition would bring “much distinction” to Barbados since she was not only representing herself but the island as well.
While Stuart admitted that he did not get to watch a lot of television, he assured Ramjit that he would be “looking out” for her during the Miss World broadcast.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App