Branded “a considerable disappointment” recently by operators, T.G.I. FRIDAY’S today closed its doors in Barbados for the final time.
A notice on the doors from operators Prestige Restaurants Ltd., announced to customers: “It is with deep regret TGI FRiDAY’S will no longer be open to the public as of today, 30th August, 2013.
“We wish to thank all our guests and suppliers for your support and service over the years.”
It was not immediately clear how many persons were employed at the time of the closure, but just this week Barbados TODAY reported that the Trinidad-based Prestige Holdings Limited had reported disappointing performance by the six-year old Hastings, Christ Church restaurant, noting that it was the worst performing when compared to Jamaica and Trinidad outlets.
“During the financial year our T.G.I. FRiDAY’S Barbados sustained a decrease in revenue by six per cent over prior year and an operating loss,” the operators had commented. (LB)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App