PORT OF SPAIN — Two 16-year-old boys were shot dead on Wednesday.
Hours after police responded to Karim Maxime’s murder in Laventille, they had to make their way to Belmont, where Lucien Williams was also gunned down. Williams was found with multiple gunshot wounds about the body at Boissiere Lane.
A report said around 7 p.m., residents heard several loud gunshots and notified the police.
Earlier on Wednesday, Maxime was killed when leaving the Laventille Technology and Continuing Education Centre, his first day of school. The murder toll up to last evening stood at 257. (EXPRESS)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App