It was interesting to read the comments (26/08/2013) on domestic violence by Liesel Daisley. I am encouraged that someone has taken the initiative to make the call to combat domestic violence. Most people in Barbados have grown up with domestic violence as victims or witnesses. Unfortunately, it will continue until the true horror of this unacceptable practice is realised, exposed and firmly dealt with through the courts.
I would invite Liesel and anyone interested in exposing the horror of the practice, to read My Mummy Won’t Wake Up. The book is available on Amazon. Domestic violence and its consequences can be reduced but there must be an action plan. I would like to help.
— Alvis Younge
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App