NASSAU — A man was shot and killed at Whites Addition, Kemp Road last night, becoming the 11th person murdered on New Providence in 12 days.
Police said the man was shot shortly before 10 p.m. Details were still sketchy up to press time.
Police also reported that a teenager was shot and killed during a game of backgammon on Fowler Street yesterday afternoon.
Bamboo Town MP Renward Wells’ brother was also shot in the Fowler Street incident. Wells said last night his brother was shot in the stomach and was in critical condition in hospital.
Police also confirmed that a man who was shot on Tuesday died in hospital early yesterday morning.
He was identified as Alexander Joseph, 20, of Fleming Street.
Regarding the murder yesterday afternoon, police said the victim was playing backgammon with a group of men on Fowler Street shortly before 2 p.m. when he got into an altercation with one of the men.
The victim was shot several times in the chest, police said.
He died at the scene.
Wells identified his injured brother as Caberio Wells, 31.
“I‚haven’t broken the news to my father as yet,”‚he said yesterday afternoon. “He doesn’t know as yet. My wife is bringing him to the hospital right now, and I’ll speak to him when he gets here.
“He’s been ailing somewhat, so we have to break the news to him gently.” (Nassau Guardian)
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App