The heavy scoring that has marked the start of the 2013 Barbados Women’s Soccer League continued yesterday when Mavericks gave Eden Stars a 10-0 walloping at Speightstown, St. Peter.
Shannon Gibson led the deluge with a hat-trick with her goals coming in the 15th, 39th and 49th minute. This was after Tiffany White had got the rout on the way when she scored as early as the 8th minute. She would add a second-half 75th minute goal to the tally. The speedy Akila Forde also got a brace finding the back of the nets in the 23rd and 47th minute.
Nadia Brittany, Kayla Blackett and Aisha Bowen also got on the scoresheet with goals in the 38th, 54th and 90th minute respectively.
In the second game played at Speightstown the action returned somewhat to normalcy with a close encounter that saw Genesis Lafida edging Technique 2-1. Aronda Morris and Kerry Trotman scored for the winners in the 21st and 33rd minutes while Latifa Forde got a 49th minute consolation.
In an exciting drawn game played at Brereton, St. Philip, Empire’s Aaliyah Alleyne continued her early season with a brace, scoring in the 8th and 38th minutes. But these were cancelled out by the National Sports Council’s Adriene Forde who got a 16th minute goal while, with the clock winding down, Kerry Bascombe’s 83rd minute effort ensured the 2-2 result. (WG)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App