Plans are under way to honour this island’s centenarians during a reception to be held later this year.
The National Committee on Ageing, under whose aegis the celebration will be held, is asking relatives or caregivers of all Barbadians aged 99 and over to contact the National Assistance Board’s Office at 426-3131, ext 227, on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. with the following information: the name and address of the person; his/her date of birth; and the name, address and telephone number of the contact person.
Information should be submitted by Thursday, September 26.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App