Chefette Restaurants continues to give support to the less fortunate in Barbados through its Donation Box Programme.
The programme, which started in 2001, allows members of the public to make monetary donations through boxes that are placed at all 14 restaurants and two Barbecue Barns.
Recently, Executive Director of Variety the Children’s Charity, Donnah Russell, was present at Chefette’s Corporate Office to receive the funds in the amount of $8,000.
Russell lauded the company and said: “Variety the Children’s Charity is pleased to receive this donation especially because it comes from one of our biggest corporate supporters, Chefette Restaurants. They share our concerns for the children of Barbados and are always ready to step up to the challenge to assist wherever the help is needed most.”
Advertising Manager, Lisa Carter noted: “We are committed to assisting the less fortunate in our community and would like to thank and encourage our customers to continue making their usual donations at the Chefette outlets. The boxes are cleared every three months, and these funds, together with additional contributions by Chefette’s Corporate Office, are donated to a local charity.”
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App