Members of the public are being invited to volunteer for the World Heritage Programme, which is administered by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Youth.
Candidates should have an interest or a background in history or heritage studies and they should, ideally, have an outgoing personality.
The World Heritage Programme is responsible for coordinating activities within the properties of Historic Bridgetown and its Garrison. These include outdoor exhibitions, events, and public sensitsation sessions.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to be involved in these exciting activities. They will also receive instructions on the benefits of Barbados’ World Heritage inscription, the history of the area along with public engagement skills.
Interested persons should contact the Ministry of Culture at 310-2700 or 310-2710. (BGIS)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App