Prime Minister Freundel Stuart will attend the 27th Meeting of the Bureau of the Conference of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community to be held tomorrow, Tuesday, September 17, in Trinidad and Tobago.
The one-day meeting will be chaired by the Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago, Kamla Persad-Bissessar. The other members of the Bureau are President of Haiti, Michel Martelly, who is the outgoing Chair of the Conference; and incoming Chair of the Conference, Prime Minister of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Dr. Ralph Gonsalves.
At the recent 34th Meeting of Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community, a decision was taken to set up a Committee, constituting the Bureau’s members, along with Stuart, as the Head with lead responsibility for the CARICOM Single Market and Economy, to consider The Economic Situation Facing Member States and the Region: A framework for Regional Growth and Development.
That Committee has been given the mandate of advancing a programme for achieving growth and in preparation, the CARICOM Secretariat has compiled a comprehensive programme document for their consideration.
Other topics on the meeting’s agenda include transportation in the region and the role of the Bureau in the reform process within the Community. (BGIS)
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App