To reach 100 years, Viola Haynes did not have eat any special diet or avoid any local liquid spirits.
What Barbados’ latest centenarian did to reach the milestone was to place her life in the hands of the Lord.
That’s the secret she revealed this morning as Governor General, Sir Elliott Belgrave, Attorney General and St. Philip South MP, Adriel Brathwaite, family and friends gathered at her Marchfield Village home to celebrate with her.
Not shy about giving God all the glory for her achievement, she openly praised Him and declared her love.
“I love the Lord… God has taken care of me, he has been with me, in him I live,” she announced to the large group congregated in the house and those trying to fit into the verandah.
“I would pray and he would always tell me ‘Call upon me and I will answer you, I will be with you’.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App