Empire were once again in winners’ row as action in the Barbados Football Association’s Women’s League continued on Sunday.
Playing at Brereton, St. Philip the ladies from Bank Hall, St. Michael easily disposed of Unity Soccer Academy 4-0.
For once it wasn’t Aaliyah Alleyne who stole the show. That honour went to the versatile Nickeisha Anthony who blasted a hat-trick, netting in the 12th, 26th and 78th minutes, and completely overwhelming the Academy’s besieged defence.
Alleyne, however, was not left out of the target practice as she was the first to get Empire on the score sheet in the 11th minute.
In another game at Brereton Latifah Forde’s strike was the deciding factor in the 1-0 result which Technique got over Eden Stars. Forde netted in the 56th minute in an encounter that saw a number of scoring opportunities being squandered by both teams.
At Friendship, St. Michael, Shannon Gibson’s 40th minute goal gave Mavericks a 1-0 lead at the break in their game against Genesis Lafida.
They then proceeded to shut down the Lafida ladies for large portions of the second period, despite the fact that both teams still had clear scoring opportunities.
With the clock ticking down and Mavericks seemingly on the verge of taking full points Joelle Gibson brought joy to Lafida fans when she scored in the 80th minute. Despite the efforts of the two teams the result would remain 1-1 at the final whistle. (WG)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App