The National Sports Council will be at the forefront of a number of community sporting activities in the coming weeks.
The annual NSC Co-operators General-sponsored 5Km series will begin on September 22 with the first run to be staged at Speightstown, St Peter. The 2013 series will comprise four 5km races with a walk included for the final run.
The dates and venues are as follows: September 22 – Speightstown; September 29 – Six Roads; October 6 – Bay Street; and November 24 – venue to be decided. All events will start at 4 p.m. Registration forms are available at the NSC’s headquarters at Blenheim, St. Michael. There is a registration fee of $20 per person.School registration is $25.00 with a minimum of 25 individuals. There will be prizes and surprises for winners.
Meanwhile the NSC’s cheerleading, drill squad and latin dance competition will take place on December 7. Primary schools will contest the cheerleading and latin dance competitions while the secondary schools will contest the drill squad, cheerleading and latin dance competition.
The Community Road Tennis competition will begin towards the end of November. The finals will be held on January 11 and 12, 2014. (PR)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App