The public is advised that the telephone systems at a number of Welfare Department offices are currently experiencing problems due to technical difficulties. However, officials there have given the assurance that the problem will be rectified as soon as possible.
The following numbers may be contacted in the case of an emergency: St. Michael – 426-9286; St. Peter – 422-0197; St. George – 429-0777; and Administration – 228-7647.
Persons from St. Andrew and St. John may still contact the offices in those areas as they have not been affected.
The management of the Welfare Department has apologised for any inconvenience caused. (BGIS)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App