Phase one of the proposed Bushy Park Redevelopment Project is expected to be fully operational by early April next year.
Work on that aspect of the multi-million dollar facility, which comprises the track, perimeter fencing, club house, pits and runoff areas, is well underway.
The man in charge of the overall venture, Mark Hamilton told Barbados TODAY this afternoon, that the excavation now going on at the St. Philip site involving heavy equipment, was for reshaping of the club house and to generate enough marl to build the foundation for the main track.
Hamilton said this work would continue for sometime until enough marl is generated.
“The objective is hopefully to have the facility (track and associated amenities) operational by the end of March or early April next year,” he suggested. The 40-year-old Bushy Park is being redeveloped into a comprehensive multi purpose world class racing complex. (EJ)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App