The Chefette chain of restaurants has again come to the assistance of the local community.
This morning, the company donated about $16,000 worth of items to four primary and secondary schools which are located close to the newest restaurant now under construction at Welches, St.Thomas.
The donations, which were handed out by Chefette’s Managing Director, Ryan Haloute during a ceremony at its corporate offices on Harbour Road, St. Michael, went to Sharon and Welches Primary Schools and Lester Vaughan and Queen’s College.
Each school received the gifts which they requested.
Principal of Queen’s College, Dr. David Browne accepted four document cameras on behalf of his school, while his counterparts from Sharon Primary Pamela Small-Williams was presented with three LED 32 inch television sets, Welches Primary, Patricia Lovell, two laptops and Lester Vaughan’s Diana Wilson, athletic gear. (EJ)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App