PORT-OF-SPAIN – A 63-year-old Nigerian medical doctor and his 28-year-old son were arrested in Arima on Thursday after allegedly being found with marijuana and ammunition.
The men were detained after three kilogrammes of high-grade compressed marijuana and 17 rounds of .44 ammunition were allegedly found in their home in Briggens Park.
According to police, around 9.45 p.m. a party of police officers if the Northern Division Task Force and CID, led by Inspector Baptiste, Sargeant Charles, and Sargeant Pitt, went to the home and executed a search warrant. Police said the illegal items were found in a bedroom.
The doctor and his son are expected to appear before a magistrate in the Arima Magistrates’ Court. Constable Armour laid the charges. (Trinidad Express)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App