Principal director Peter Harris today announced the appointment of three new faces to the board of Barbados TODAY.
Former chief executive of LIME, Alex McDonald, and former chief executive of Starcom Network, Vic Fernandes, have joined the team, along with recently appointed Barbados TODAY Chief Executive Officer and Editor-In- Chief Kaymar Jordan.
In welcoming the prominent trio to the family, Harris said: “After three years of development, we believe it is time to take this company to the next level.
“I have all confidence in these new members and with their business experience and technical know-how, I am sure that we can only go from strength to strength.”
Speaking on behalf of the new board members, Fernandes, a veteran broadcaster and former president of the Caribbean Broadcasting Union, said: “I know there are tens of thousands of Barbadians all over the world who use Barbados TODAY, and I think the product can only grow.
“It is a lovely name, it is a lovely product, and I am delighted to have been invited by Peter Harris, whom I have always thought of as an innovator –– one only needs to look at his successes in the many businesses that he has set up and run.
“Not many people are able to set up several successful businesses, and he has clearly done so. Coming on the board is an honour for me.”
Barbados TODAY is a privately owned company set up in 2010.
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App