Today the Barbados Cancer Society asked Bajans to deck out in their pink to support the awareness cause, but it comes at the end of a long week that has seen the organisation joining with several entities and individuals to spread the message.
In fact on Wednesday a number of “celebrities” took to Cave Shepherd in support of the drive to encourage customers to give freely in support of the organisation’s efforts.
Among those on hand to give assistance were the Breast Screening Programme’s Dr. Shirley Jhagroo, Former Deputy Prime Minister Billie Miller; Minister of Labour Dr. Esther Byer-Suckoo, Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism, Senator Irene Sandiford-Garner, as well as the Presidents of NOW and BPW (Barbados), Marilyn Rice-Bowen and Marrianne Burnham, respectively. (LB)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App