The Parliamentary Opposition a short while ago told Barbadians it has decided to file a no confidence motion in Minister of Finance Chris Sinckler.
At a news conference attended by members of the Parliamentary group, Opposition Leader Mia Mottley said the situation in the country had reached an untenable state.
Mottley blamed the minister of finance for failing to bring clarity to his recent tax measures, for not acting in such a manner so as to bring back confidence in the economy and for not being more detailed with respect to fully explain what she said was the embarassing situation where government had to suspend a US$250 million bond issue on the international market for the financing of the deficit.
The press conference is still ongoing.(EJ)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App