The Central Bank of Barbados and De La Rue announced today an initiative to assist Barbadian students pursuing postgraduate studies in economics or finance beginning academic year 2013/2014. The Central Bank and the currency manufacturer are offering a scholarship biennially valued at BDS$35,000.
The De La Rue Scholarship is open to nationals of Barbados who are pursuing a full-time postgraduate MSc programme, or who are at the final year of an MPhil/PhD programme in economics or finance at UWI, Cave Hill Campus. In announcing the scholarship, the Central Bank and De La Rue explained that the programme was in honour of their long-standing relationship and in support of their vision of social development, capacity building and growth.
The scholarship is tenable for one academic year and applicants in the MSc programme should have as a minimum, an upper second class honours degree, while candidates pursuing an MPhil/PhD should have attained at least a B+ average in their coursework.
Interested candidates should submit their applications to the Office of Student Affairs, UWI, Cave Hill Campus, by November 15.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App