Last weekend it was once again time for the National Independence Festival of Creative Arts’ Performing Arts Semi-Finals.
And while attention will shift to the culinary arts this weekend, the talent of the young ones, who battled for a spot in the upcoming finals little more than a week away, cannot be ignored.
Again several dance companies, and individuals, along with poets, dramatists and singers, took to the stage last weekend for the final battle ahead of the announcement of those who have made it through.
It was the culmination of months of work for some of these artists, and weekends of trials to see who would emerge among the best to face the judges for the final time.
The finals come off between October 31 and November 5 at Frank Collymore Hall, each of the four show nights beginning at 7 p.m.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App