ST JOHN’S – A father is mourning the loss of his teenage daughter, who became the country’s third road fatality in the wee hours of yesterday morning. Olivia Lewis, 18, of Fitches Creek, died on the spot after the white Kia Sportage, A33641, she was travelling in slammed into a light post on Old Parham Road near Toy Box store.
Lewis was travelling east to west shortly after 3 a.m. in a vehicle driven by Roderick Ephraim of Bendals.
Reports indicate Ephraim, 20, swerved out of the road to avoid hitting a dog and slammed into the post. Lewis was pitched through the windshield onto the road.
Ephraim was taken to the Mount St John’s Medical Centre where he was treated and later discharged. (Antigua Observer)
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App