It is never easy to say goodbye to a loved one. And it is even harder when that loved one was ripped from your life before it was his time. This afternoon as hundreds gathered at the St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Cathedral on Bay Street to bid Patrick Irvin Fatman Weekes farewell, many expressed this sentiment as they wept openly.
Family, friends and entertainers filled the cathedral, spilling over, as songs of praise were delivered, and words of appreciation offered in his honour.
Fatman’s sister Sita Weekes–Hall fought back tears as she eulogized the good, kind and peaceful man her brother was and remained even in his times of difficulty.
Fatman, who was a popular dub chanter, was murdered on October 7 as he limed with friends in a neighbourhood bar in Wharton Gap in New Orleans, The City. He was 47 years old. (KC)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App