The family of murdered businessman Kurt McCartney is offering a $50,000 reward for credible information that would lead to the arrest of his killer or killers.
McCartney’s brother, Branville, leader of the Democratic National Alliance, held back tears as he made the announcement at his law office, Halsbury Chambers, on Village Road this afternoon. He was surrounded by family members.
Kurt McCartney, who was in the pharmacy business, was shot and killed in Gambier Village on Thursday night. Police said last night they had eight people in custody – six women and two men – for questioning, but none was considered a prime suspect in the murder.
Noting the loss the murder has had on his family, Branville McCartney told reporters the family is convinced that someone has valuable information that could solve the murder, and the family is willing to pay for the information.
McCartney said while the loss is taking an emotional toll, the McCartneys are thinking
about the good times they had with Kurt. Meanwhile, the Bahamas Pharmacy Council extended condolences on the
“untimely death of our colleague and friend, pharmacist, Kurt McCartney”. (Nassau Guardian)
Recent Local News
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App