Prominent attorney at law Philip Vernon Nicholls has been released on $200,000 bail, after appearing in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court today to answer charges of theft and the laundering of more than $500,000.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said the 53-year-old former secretary of the Barbados Cricket Association, who was granted bail with two sureties, is to return to court on February 25.
Nicholls, who resides at Dover Mews, Dover, Christ Church, was arrested by members of the Fraud Squad and charged with the two offences earlier this week. (RG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App