Residents of Pleasant Hall in St Matthias, Christ Church, had a scare when two armed men, on foot, shot at a man and his wife, who were driving along that stretch of road after ten this morning.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch said that as a result the husband lost control of the car, crashing into the guard wall of a residence. The couple both received minor injuries –– none by the shooters, who managed to escape.
The woman was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by
ambulance. One Pleasant Hall resident told Barbados TODAY, he
was happy the incident, just a stone’s throw from the St Matthias Magistrates’ Court, did not occur earlier.
“If that did happen when the schoolchildren were out, then it would have been worse. This is something else!”
Declining to give his name, the man added: “Something gotta get do ‘bout all this shooting so all the time! All the time so?!” (RG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App