It should never have happened to him –– the muted words
of friends and neighbours of Ronnie Omar Clarke of Crusher
Site Road, Prospect in St James.
“He was a cool guy who stayed away from trouble.
He never got into any high words with anybody. [We’re]
distraught. The way things happened, they shouldn’t have . . .
,” a resident said of the 35-year-old father of two boys, ages
seven and one.
Clarke had been sitting outside his home when he was shot
several times, sustaining injuries to the left arm and right thigh.
He ran from there to an area on Prospect Road, Highway 1,
where he collapsed and died.
Police public relations officer Inspector David Welch told
Barbados TODAY that investigations were ongoing.
“We are questioning persons and recording a number of
statements . . . in trying to ascertain who would have done
this,” he said.
“We are appealing to any person or persons who might
have any information about who the perpetrator is to give us
In an unrelated matter, the 12-year-old boy charged with
the murder of 14-year-old Andagan Smith is to reappear in the
Juvenile Court on Wednesday.
Smith, of Cypress Street, The City, was fatally stabbed
on November 1, while at the junction of Nelson Street and
Waterloo Alley also in Bridgetown. (RG)
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App