PORT-OF-SPAIN – Trinidad and Tobago’s ruling coalition People’s Partnership government has faced defeat at the polls again.
Preliminary figures from the Elections and Boundaries Commission indicate the main opposition People’s National Movement won yesterday’s by-election in the St Joseph constituency.
The PNM’s candidate Terrence Deyalsingh got 6,356 votes compared to 5,577 for popular talk show host Ian Alleyne of the United National Congress.
This is the fourth vote the government has lost this year.
The coalition lost the Tobago House of Assembly poll in January, another by-election in Chaguanas West in July, and local govenrment elections last month.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App