LIAT says it has held discussions with the pilots’ trade union LIALPA following the industrial action today which left several passengers stranded throughout the regional network. Only a limited number of flights were able to operate from Antigua, Barbados and Trinidad.The company has indicated its willingness to address any legitimate issues and has given a firm commitment that it will meet with LIALPA today in an effort to discuss the union’s concerns.The company remains hopeful that good sense would prevail and that there will be a resumption of its services early tomorrow.
Customers are reminded to contact the following numbers to reschedule their travel arrangements: from Antigua – 1-268-480-5582; toll free from the rest of the Caribbean – 1-888-844-5428 and from Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands – 1-866-549-5428.
LIAT sincerely apologizes to affected passengers and the general public for the inconvenience caused as a result of the disruption.
Additional information and updates will be provided as soon as possible.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App