West Indies collapsed to a humiliating innings and 51 runs defeat to India on Friday to concede the opening Test inside three days at Eden Gardens in Kolkata.
Trailing by 219 on first innings, West Indies batsmen once again showed little mettle as they were bundled out cheaply for 168. They were undermined by the outstanding debutant seamer Mohammed Shami who finished with five for 47 for a nine-wicket match haul.
Darren Bravo top scored with 37 and Kieran Powell got 36, while Chris Gayle scored a breezy 33 and Shiv Chanderpaul, 31 not out.
India were earlier dismissed for 453 after resuming the day on 354 for six. Rohit Sharma struck 177 while Ravi Ashwin scored 124.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App