A recently registered charity is providing aid for University of the West Indies (UWI) students struggling to pay their tuition fees.
Global Education Scholastic Trust was lauched today, with an initial amount of US$100 000 contributed by Global Tuition and Education Insurance Corporation.
The Trust was registered on November 4.
Trustee Ricardo Knight said the Trust would work with the UWI to identify those students most in need.
The assistance will supplement any aid which Government gives to UWI students since its announcement that it will no longer pay tutition fees for Barbadian students.
The larger economic costs, however, are still being funded by the Freundel Stuart administration.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App