Top Bay Settlers and Strike Force became the first two teams to book their spots in the semi-finals of the LIME Pelican Football Challenge when they carved out contrasting wins in the quarter-finals last night.
While Strike Force produced a convincing display to beat Bajan Elite 2-0, Top Bay Settlers needed extra time before they could overcome Combined All Stars 4-3, to earn their place in the penultimate round of the cash-rich competition.
The night would have been a disappointing one for Bajan Elite, who entered the knockout phase unbeaten but failed to reproduce their form from the preliminaries.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App