Nation Publishing Co. Ltd’s publisher Vivian-Anne Gittens, Editor-in-Chief Roy Morris and senior journalist Sanka Price have been released on $5,000 bail and ordered to hand over their travel documents after appearing on a charge of showing an indecent photograph of two minors.
The three appeared in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court this afternoon after being questioned for several hours by police.
Their charges stem from the publication of a picture of two school children having sex in a classroom on the backpage of the October 26, 2013 Saturday Sun.
Price was the author of the article which was accompanied by the offending photograph.
The trio’s appearance comes a day after two teenage boys, 15 and 16, were granted $10,000 bail and placed on curfew after being charged with capturing the photograph in the first place.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App