Barbados Water Authority (BWA) workers are off the job and meeting with their bargaining agent, the Barbados Workers’ Union (BWU) at this hour.
Employees gathered at the BWA Manor Lodge office from this morning before heading off to Solidarity House for a 2 pm meeting.
Among the problems which triggered the industrial action is what the union says is management’s failure to conclude negotiations on increments.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App