Economist Ryan Straughn is warning that more credit rating downgrades could be in the works for Barbados.
Yesterday, Standard & Poor’s moved the country’s long-term rating from BB+ to BB- due to persistent account deficit and high fiscal deficit.
Straughn, who’s the former president of the economic society, says another US ratings agency, Moody’s, could soon follow.
Recent Local News
- St Nicholas Abbey Heritage Railway tours off to smooth start
- Barbados records first road fatality for 2019
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon's Beach
- Police investigating sudden death of woman constable
- Minor injuries reported after serious accident
- Man, 18, missing while swimming at Brandon’s Beach
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App