A man who was on the police wanted list last week has been charged for setting fire to the St Stephen’s Hill, Black Rock, St Michael home a woman who claimed lawmen were not taking her calls for help seriously.
Guyanese Gordon Andrew Roberts has also been charged with assaulting the woman, Shonette Williams.
Roberts, 33, will face the arson and assault charges in court tomorrow. He allegedly committed the offences on November 16.
Police had issued a bulletin indicating that they wanted Roberts, alias ‘Pinter’, in connection with a serious criminal matter.
Williams reported in another section of the media last week that she was not satisfied with how police dealt with her complaints that her ex-boyfriend had assaulted her.
- Local News
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App