A sad end to the search for an elderly man who has been missing for two weeks.
The badly decomposed body believed to be Leroy Forde, 83, of Sebago Drive, Hopewell, Christ Church, and a resident of the Cyreline Senior Citizens Home, 1st Avenue, Accommodation Road, Spooners Hill, St. Michael was found this afternoon.
A statement just released by police said the body was discovered about 1.45 pm “at the back of a business located on Spooners Hill, St. Michael, by an employee of that business.”
“Initial feedback from the family who visited the scene suggests that the body is that of missing man Leroy Forde,” the statement said.
Investigations are continuing and a post mortem is expected to be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Forde went missing on November 9.
Recent Local News
- GUYANA - Probe launched into death of cancer patients
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- Mobile App