As Barbados join others around the world in commemorating International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women today, the church is being chastised for its impractical approach to dealing with the issue of domestic violence.
Attorney General and Minister of Home Affairs, Adriel Brathwaite said yesterday that church leaders cannot continue to bury their heads in the sand and encourage couples to stay together even in those circumstances.
He was speaking at a panel discussion on The Domestic Violence Act and the Church’s Response hosted by the Beulah Methodist Church.
- TRINIDAD - Gov't prepares legislation to treat with asylum seekers
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- Mobile App