Police are investigating the discovery of 210 lbs of cannabis found in a container shipped to a St Michael business from Jamaica.
According to police public relations officer Inspector David Welch, the compressed cannabis was discovered by Customs personnel on duty at the establishment on Roberts Road, Haggatt Hall, St Michael. He did not identify the business.
He said it was around 9:40 am today when the container was being checked that Customs officers found the 63 packages of marijuana in three duffle bags and two polythene bags.
Welch said the shipment carrying the illegal drugs was delivered to the business on Tuesday after arriving from Jamaica.
- GUYANA - Legislator who brought down gov't may have committed treason
- GUYANA - Gov't maintains position regarding incident involving Venezuelan navy
- JAMAICA - Twenty murders in first week of 2019
- Caribbean islands record three earthquakes in 24 hours
- GUYANA: Body of child found after gold mine collapses
- REGIONAL - Cruise Line warns passengers to avoid Fish Fry area in Bahamas
- Mobile App